If you’re resistant to change, the problem is you.
The first place to start is the language that you use.
If you have ever used these phrases:
- “I don’t know where to start”
- “I don’t know how to lose weight”
- “I don’t want to work out, I’ll hate it”
- “I gained weight because of this happening”
You need to realise this is a root cause of whatever might be making you unhappy.
We cling to habits, even the ones that make us miserable.
Restate the above internal dialogue to:
- “I will find out where to start”
- “I can find out how to lose weight”
- “I’ll try different methods of working out, I might find one that I enjoy”
- “I gained weight because I wasn’t paying attention to my intake. Next week is a new week!”
If you continually shift the blame and make excuses for yourself, you will always lose. Always.
Start by changing your internal dialogue.