Are you feeling stuck about how to lose weight?
Maybe you’re making things more complicated than they need to be.
Let’s run through the checklist of habits you can start doing one at a time.
- Expend more energy than you are consuming. Take note of what you are consuming, then consume a little less.
- Become more active. You don’t need to start doing CrossFit. Start small. A five minute walk will do in the beginning. Build up.
- Don’t underestimate getting outdoors and going for a walk. Sunshine is a mood elevator.
- Put your fork down between bites and think. This will help you practice restraint.
- Do you drink Coke? Drink water instead. If you just said “pft” to that drink Diet Coke.
- If you have high calorie foods in the house you can be assured you will eat the whole lot at once. I know I do.
- Serve your meals on smaller plates to cut down portion sizes.
- Get a friend involved. There is plenty of research that shows people are more likely to succeed if they have support.
- Be patient. This is a marathon, not a sprint.
Adopt the above behaviours ONE at a time. There are obviously more actions you can take, they’re not limited to just these.
Some people are more prepared for change than others.
Put yourself in a position where you can lose the weight you need to lose and keep it off.